FC: Correction to "Abortion Abolishionist's" hosting service

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2003 - 08:43:56 PDT

    Yesterday I wrote that Neal Horsley's anti-abortion websites were
    apparently hosted by Verio. (http://www.politechbot.com/p-04940.html) I
    based this on a traceroute from the Politech server that showed the sites
    to be inside Verio's network.

    Since then, I've heard from a top Verio official (who subscribes to
    Politech) who noted that was not correct; the sites are hosted by a large
    customer of Verio, not the company itself. More to the point, it looks like
    Verio was not the company that sent Horsley his cease-and-desist note and
    its customer was.

    I apologize to Verio for the error. A more detailed analysis -- a network
    whois lookup and a second traceroute (http://centralops.net/co/default.asp)
    from another location -- suggests that Everyones Internet in Houston, Texas
    is in fact Horsley's hosting service.