FC: Good news for bachelors! Russian bride protest site is back up

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 22:20:37 PDT

    "Russian mail-order bride webmistress asks Politech for help"

    From: "Elena's Models" <elenaat_private>
    To: "Jeff Williams" <jwkckid1at_private>, <politechat_private>,
        <declanat_private>
    Subject: Re: FC: Russian mail-order bride webmistress asks Politech for help
    Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:51:01 +1000

    Jeff, Declan and all,

    First, we have our website www.mediadefamation.org back online.
    I wrote to webmasters.com just before sending a message to politechbot.com.
    They responded that it was a technical failure and the server was worked on.
    The site is back online since.

    I have all our sites hosted in the USA, since the prices for hosting here in
    Australia are simply ridiculous.

    Second, I know so called "mail order brides services" seem suspicious to the
    general public, much due to the image which was created by the Media.
    Personally, I was shocked when I first heard this term "mail order brides"
    back in 1999 when "Cosmo" was interviewing me soon after my wedding. I have
    a postgraduate degree in philosophy and abilities not any less than any
    American or Australian, and I find it dicriminating that I am treated with
    suspicion just because I am a Russian married to a foreigner. By the way,
    you mentioned 9/11, when was the last time a Russian bride planted a bomb or
    kept a whole city in fear because of sniper's killings? All those guys were
    in the US on student and other visas. The cases that they show in the Media
    can be also found many times over in domestic marriages, it's just showing
    domestic cases doesn't provide high ratings anymore.

    Thanks to everybody,
    Elena Petrova
    Elena's Models

    ---