[Politech] Followup to note over Australian students downloading costs [ip]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Wed Oct 08 2003 - 23:21:10 PDT

    [Yep, I think Danny is right. My initial read was too quick and was
    (therefore, not surprisingly) wrong... --Declan]

    ---

    From: "Danny Yavuzkurt" <ayavuzk@private>
    To: "Declan McCullagh" <declan@private>
    Subject: Re: [Politech] Australian students downloaded... just $2.8 million
    of MP3s? [ip]
    Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 02:17:24 -0400

    Heh, I think that figure's the amount the MP3 downloading cost the
    *downloaders'* institutions, in *real* money, not the amount the RIAA would
    *claim* they 'lost'.. *chuckles*