[Politech] CAPPS II stores data on passengers not permitted to fly [priv]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 07:29:46 PST

    [Yes, that seems to be the correct way to read the testimony. --Declan]

    ---

    Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 09:49:08 -0500
    From: Michael <michael@private>
    To: Declan McCullagh <declan@private>
    Subject: Re: [Politech] Transportation Security Administation still loves
      CAPPS II [priv]

    Declan McCullagh wrote:

    >   CAPPS II would not retain data on U.S. passengers who are permitted to fly.

    Implying the existence of a significant category of U.S. passengers *not*
    permitted to fly.  Boy, am I ever glad *that's* under "direct Federal
    control" -- a distinct improvement over scattered local refusal to let me
    travel!  Wow!

    Michael