[Politech] John Ashcroft says PATRIOT Act "honors" liberty and freedom [priv]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 08:56:21 PST

    Excerpt:
    There is a simple reason for this ... the Patriot has not been used to
    infringe upon individual liberty.

    Many of you have heard the hue and cry from critics of the Patriot Act who
    allege that liberty has been eroded.  But more telling is what you have not
    heard.  You have not heard of one single case in which a judge has found an
    abuse of the Patriot Act because, again, there have been no abuses.

    ---