[Politech] Suresh Ramasubramanian on Lou Dobbs, outsourcing, and tech workers

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 12:03:15 PST

    From: "Suresh Ramasubramanian" <suresh@private>
    To: <declan@private>
    Cc: <dave@private>
    Subject: Lou Dobbs on immigration / oustsourcing - my comments to cnn.
    Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 18:59:12 -0500

    Was flipping channels when I ran across yet another of his boringly
    predictable rants on the american immigration policy, on outsourcing to
    India, and other topics.

    Was sufficiently amused by Sen Edward Kennedy's replies to him to post this
    on cnn's feedback page.  I doubt if Dobbs will read this out or even care
    ... so here it is, just in case you see fit to print this on IP / politech.

         srs

    ---------------------------------

    Lou Dobbs has been blatantly racist over the past few weeks - especially in
    his latest series on the american immigration policy.

    So, I'd say more power to Sen Edward Kennedy, who made Dobbs squirm in his
    seat by endorsing something that is anathema to your "economic
    commentator" - legalizing or at least recognizing the rights of illegal
    immigrants who cross the border to become agricultural workers.

    That, and his continuous and tiring blather about outsourcing away from the
    USA to India (and China, and Ireland).

    Dobbs should remember that
    America, as a nation, was founded on the shoulders of immigrants - starting
    from the people who came over on the Mayflower.

    His insecurity and resentment of immigrants is puzzling, and I would advise
    him to really read Emma Lazarus' moving words on the statue of liberty.

    In case he's too entrenched in his comfortable seat in the CNN studio, here
    they are ...

    The New Colossus

    Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
    With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
    Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
    A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
    Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
    Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
    Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
    The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
    "Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
    With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

    Mr.Dobbs, you are racist, boringly repetitive and mediocre.  If you do have
    to play right wing demagogue on TV, please learn to be entertaining from
    Rush Limbaugh.  Right now, you are just pathetic.

    regards
    --srs