[Politech] Yahoo endorses anti-spam "trusted email" technique [sp]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 06:55:37 PST

    From: "Ray Everett-Church" <ray@private>
    To: "'Declan McCullagh'" <declan@private>
    Subject: Yahoo discovers TEOS!
    Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 18:30:52 -0800

                                           |Certified Trusted Sender(tm)|
                                           |     See below to verify    |

    Declan:

    FYI. This is big news! We congratulate Yahoo on discovering and endorsing
    the core elements of our proposal for a Trusted Email Open Standard (see our
    TEOS presentation from the May 2003 FTC Spam Forum at
    http://www.eprivacygroup.com/teos). An important part of their announcement
    is that they've mirrored our long-standing offer to release royalty-free and
    open sourced software to speed implementation! This is an important step
    towards addressing the fundamental flaws in SMTP that have helped spammers
    make such a mess. We call upon the other major ISPs to follow Yahoo's
    leadership, and fully embrace a truly open and collaborative effort to save
    email.

    Regards,
    -Ray
    --
    Ray Everett-Church, Esq.
    Chief Privacy Officer - ePrivacyGroup.com