[Politech] Bill Purdy vs. the Faegre & Benson law firm (guess who wins) [fs]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 19:44:32 PST

    Basically Bill has been registering domains relating to a law firm that
    apparently has defended some pro-choice clients. He's been slapped with an
    order to dispose of them.

    I've placed the two files here:
    http://www.politechbot.com/docs/purdy.registrar.letter.010604.pdf
    http://www.politechbot.com/docs/purdy.injunction.010604.pdf

    From: "William S. Purdy" <william.purdy@private>
    To: "Declan McCullagh" <declan@private>
    Subject: Fw: Faegre & Benson v. Purdy - Order of Court
    Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 19:24:43 -0600

    Dear Declan,

    I know I am Pro-Life which is only one small step above a TERRORIST when it
    comes to rights in court, but this is really something.  First they have a
    hearing WITHOUT NOTICE to me, or WITHOUT an opportunity for me to be
    heard.  Even the press was astounded to learn they had had the hearing
    without proper notice - filed the notice AFTER the hearing.  Now they are
    asserting authority and jurisdiction over registrars in Germany and France,
    and the U.S. Government is using alleged WPIO rule violations as a reason
    to "rescind" the legitimate transfer of domain names.  I transferred
    www.Faegre-Benson.com and www.Faegre.biz to a gentleman who wanted them and
    who lives in Canada BEFORE the hearing (without me there) or before the
    order was  issued.