[Politech] Joseph Reagle's experiences with NYU and privacy [priv]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 06:22:22 PST

    From: Joseph Reagle <joseph.nyu@private>
    To: Declan McCullagh <declan@private>
    Subject: Re: [Politech] New York Univ. on defensive after student data
    appears on Web [priv]
    Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:27:31 -0500

    Getting them to stop using my SSN has been a major effort:
       http://reagle.org/joseph/blog/career/nyu-ssn-request

    Since then it's screwed up all manner of services (health, fitness,
    registration, bursar, etc) and now I suspect they just sling two IDs all
    over the place, instead of the original, single, SSN.