[Politech] Criticisms of "HP and death of open PC" Politech post

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 12:20:46 PST

    Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:20:49 -0500
    From: "Sims, Charles" <CSims@private>
    To: declan@private

    Declan:  you circulated today an appalling attack on HP's attempt to
    protect itself and its customers which analogizes HP to the Nazis and
    this policy to the Holocaust.  "The dialog is beginning.  Should we all
    go quietly into the showers?"  Don't attacks like that make you stop and
    think?

    Who, with their sanity intact, could compare announcements like Ms.
    Fiorinna's to the deathcamps?  The piece you republished is beyond the
    pale, and reflects, yet again, the moral pit (not to say confusion) into
    which too many hackers and their defenders have descended.  Do you
    really want to be republishing this stuff?

    Charles S. Sims
    Proskauer Rose LLP
    1585 Broadway
    New York, NY 10036