[Politech] Fortune cover story profiles Kazaa founders and telco wars

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 06:45:35 PST

    Subject: RE: Politech Digest, Vol 5, Issue 12
    Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:39:28 -0500
    From: daniel_roth@private
    To: declan@private

    Declan,

    Hey, this is Daniel Roth, I'm the tech editor at Fortune. You've got a
    great site and list--I'm a fan.

    I know you and your readers are on top of the RIAA's war on music piracy. I
    thought you might be interested in this article I wrote, which is the cover
    story for the 2/9 issue of Fortune (out on newsstands starting this week.)
    The piece profiles the founders of Kazaa and their new plan to do to take
    the legs out from the telcos, just as they did to the recording industry.
    Here's the link:
    <http://www.fortune.com/fortune/subs/article/0,15114,582208,00.html> (I'm
    pretty sure this article is free for now, but at some point it becomes
    accessible only to subscribers.)

    Best,
    Dan

    Daniel Roth
    Senior Editor
    Fortune Magazine
    1271 Ave. of the Americas
    Room 1645
    New York, NY
    10020
    phone: 212-522-3961
    email: daniel_roth@private

    This message is the property of Time Inc. or its affiliates. It may be
    legally privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use
    of the addressee(s). No addressee should forward, print, copy, or
    otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be
    viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the
    notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
    copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information
    herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
    in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.
    Thank you.