[Politech] IEEE on impact of offshore IT outsourcing on U.S. economy

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 21:40:36 PST

    Subject: The Impact of Offshore IT Software and Services Outsourcing on
    the U.S. Economy and the IT Industry
    Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:50:34 -0800
    From: steelhead-mobile <bill@ries-knight.net>
    To: Declan McCullagh <declan@private>

    Declan, this came to me from another list.  I think it will appeal to
    others on the Politech list.

    http://www.itaa.org/itserv/docs/execsumm.pdf

           The Impact of Offshore IT Software and Services Outsourcing on
    the U.S. Economy and the IT Industry
           The current rapid increase in offshore IT software and services
    outsourcing has sparked a debate on the costs and benefits of this trend
    to the U.S. economy. To help understand the comprehensive economic
    impact of offshore IT software and services outsourcing, Global Insight
    has undertaken a thorough analysis on behalf of the Information
    Technology Association of America (ITAA). The analysis was undertaken in
    the context of Global Insight's economic models and incorporates
    information from third-party research reports, members of the IT
    industry, and primary research surveys.

    Bill Ries-Knight   ***   Stockton, CA.