[Politech] One more round on Californians ratting out neighbors' cars [priv]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 21:19:23 PDT

    Subject: Re: [Politech] Mixed feelings about Californians ratting out
    neighbors'	cars [priv]
    Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 21:03:32 -0400
    From: mistercat@private
    To: Declan McCullagh <declan@private>

    Mr. McCullagh,
         As a military member, I almost by definition never live in the
    state that my cars
    are registered.  I'm surprised that CA which reaps the benefit of a
    large number of
    bases would enact a program that is almost designed to alienate military
    members.
    I particularly don't like programs that will generate even more ill will
    between people
    serving their country and wearing it's uniform, and the states and
    communities that
    we live in.
          College students are probably in the same boat, with even less
    resources and
    course of defense than I would.  I'm sure I could think of many other
    professions
    that are migratory by nature that will find this program just as offensive.
         Just to test out the CA system, I'm going rat out myself (CA was my
    last duty
    station), and see just what sort of response I get.  I'll keep you
    posted on the results,
    if you're interested.

    Bryan W
    14 years of service