[Politech] More on economic conditions and tech firms leaving certain areas

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 22:41:08 PST

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: [Politech] Thomas Lipscomb on why NY,CA are anti-jobs and
losing tech firms
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 10:34:18 -0000
From: adam beecher <lists@private>
To: 'Declan McCullagh' <declan@private>,        'Thomas Lipscomb'
<tom@private>

 > maintain a "socially just civil society."
 >
 > We have now had almost a half century of examples that lower
 > taxes yields higher returns

You might want to pop back up to the "socially just civil society" bit in
the previous paragraph there Thomas. Us "diseased" Europeans like to think
that there's more to life than "higher returns".

 > lying local government. Real European businessmen are now
 > investing in plants in the United States and Europe is
 > atrophying as more and more of its capital and major
 > corporations flee to more advantages sites that remain

You mean major corporations like Google, eBay/Paypal and Amazon? Funny that
they all just moved major operations to Ireland then. Ireland's still in
Europe, isn't it?

adam