[Politech] Creating a blogging policy? Request for help from Politech member [fs]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 14:16:26 PST

[Anonymous is charged with drafting a blogging policy for their
employer. I'd be happy to collate and post replies, in that old (and
useful) Usenet tradition. --Declan]

---

Hello Declan,

I need to get an idea of company policies on blogging.
What's the current state of thinking in allowing
workers to keep blogs and include posts about
work/worklife?

1) Specifically, do workers have to disclose their
blogs?

2) Is there advice on what NOT to post? (Don't talk
about proprietary stuff, don't trash your co-workers,
etc.)

3) What are the processes for requesting removal of a
post? Dismissal from work because of a blog entry?

4) How is monitoring of blogs done?

Thanks!