[Politech] Websense reportedly blocks Foxnews.com (but not CNN) as "advocacy" group [fs]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 21:14:18 PST

This reminds me of an article Brock Meeks and I wrote almost a decade ago:
http://www.eff.org/Misc/Publications/Declan_McCullagh/cwd.keys.to.the.kingdom.0796.article

We reported that CyberPatrol blocked a National Rifle Association site
but not the Brady Campaign.

Subject: Politech
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:32:44 -0500
From: Jamey Vester <vester@private>
To: declan@private

Websense is now blocking foxnews.com as an advocacy group.  I really
don't have any comment about this, except that cnn, msnbc, etc. are
not blocked at all except for their sports sections.

I have attached a screenshot.

Jamey Vester
vester@private

Access to this web page is restricted at this time.
Reason:
The Websense category "Advocacy Groups" is filtered.