[Politech] More on Apple/BSD "Satanic" daemon and the Darwin connection

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Fri Apr 01 2005 - 21:29:17 PST

More on the BSD daemon, who may or may not be named "Beastie":
http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/daemon.html
http://www.mckusick.com/beastie/
http://www.beastie.com/

And a hilarious story about Texans and the BSD daemon from the old
Usenet archives, circa 1989:
http://www.lemis.com/grog/whyadaemon.html

Previous Politech message:
http://www.politechbot.com/2005/04/01/religious-leaders-warn/

I should point out that I wrote a daemon to update the Politech web site
and RSS feed every so often. I just haven't named him (her? it?) yet.