[Politech] Mark Kernes elaborates on Feds' wacky porn-regs [fs]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Mon Jun 27 2005 - 20:53:27 PDT

Previous Politech message:
http://www.politechbot.com/2005/06/27/regs-threaten-independent/

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Politech] Feds' porn-regs threaten independent sites;
Rotten.com's problems [fs]
Date: 	Mon, 27 Jun 2005 14:20:25 EDT
From: 	MarkKernes@private
To: 	declan@private

In a message dated 6/27/05 8:26:36 AM, Joseph Lorenzo Hall writes, of 18
USC 2257:

> The gist:
>
> "So now the DOJ has wisely made the world safer by forcing anyone even
> remotely connected with publishing erotic images to keep elaborate
> files on the true identities of everyone in said images for seven
> years. And we're even more secure because law enforcement officers can
> wander into adult businesses any time they want, without a court
> order, and go through every single file for hours or days at a time."

Um... no:

http://www.avn.com/index.php?Primary_Navigation=Articles&Action=View_Article&Content_ID=230028

And my article on Free Speech's Lawsuit:

http://www.avn.com/index.php?Primary_Navigation=Articles&Action=View_Article&Content_ID=231124

Mark Kernes, AVN

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude
better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which
feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget
that ye were our countrymen."/ -- Samuel Adams, speech at the
Philadelphia State House, August 1, 1776/