[Politech] Massachusetts: Aqua Teen Hunger Force lights are an "infernal machine" [fs]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2007 - 10:38:24 PST

So I read the Massachusetts attorney general's press release about the
Aqua Teen Hunger Force lights:
http://www.ago.state.ma.us/sp.cfm?pageid=986&id=1803

And was interested in what law the "only hair questions" guys are
charged with violating. I've placed the statute here:
http://politechbot.com/docs/massachusetts.infernal.hoax.device.020107.txt

The law is actually one prohibiting "infernal machines." No, I am not
making this up. Yes, only in Massachusetts.

Some "infernal machine" cases going back to 1971 are here:
http://politechbot.com/docs/massachusetts.infernal.machine.cases.020107.txt

Each dealt with an actual destructive device, and harmless LED
advertisements don't seem to qualify. Here's my writeup of the situation:
http://news.com.com/2061-10796_3-6155806.html