[Politech] David Burt and his Filtering Facts Web site are back [fs]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2007 - 02:15:03 PST

David Burt is a longtime fan (some would say apologist) for filtering
software. See our discussions from 2001:
http://www.politechbot.com/p-01734.html
http://www.politechbot.com/2006/08/01/david-burt-on/

Subject: Filtering Facts is back
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 20:25:50 -0800
From: David Burt <david_burt@private>
To: declan@private

Filtering Facts is back on the web after a too long absence.  In keeping
with my long association with filtering software, I have completely
reconstituted www.filteringfacts.org  as both a deep reference site of all
things related to filtering software, as well as a daily blog of reporting
on Internet filtering and Internet safety.  Among the material in the new
website are:

--  Legal page (http://filteringfacts.org/legal/ )

Extensive information on all U.S. legal cases involving filtering (CIPA,
CDA, COPA, etc.) with hundreds of legal documents, as well as the text and
interpretation of all US state and federal laws involving filtering.

-- Filter Effectiveness Tests page (
http://filteringfacts.org/research/filter-tests/ )

A comprehensive index of nearly 100 individual product tests conducted by
testing labs, organizations, or affiliated researchers.

-- Research and Policy Papers page (
http://filteringfacts.org/research/papers/ )

A comprehensive index of over 100 research, policy, and legal papers on
filtering software created by government entities, filtering companies,
advocacy groups, academic publications, and other organizations.

-- Filter Reviews page (http://filteringfacts.org/research/filter-reviews/ )

A comprehensive index of published filtering product reviews since 1995,
including over 200 individual product reviews.

-- Filtering page (http://filteringfacts.org/filtering/ )

Extensive information about filtering companies, past as well as present,
their products and databases.

-- Library Filtering Policies Page (
http://filteringfacts.org/policy/library-policies/ )

Archive of over 100 Internet Acceptable Use Policies from public libraries
that filter.