Re: Secure popen

From: Chris Ess (azarinat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 20:47:04 PDT

    > Actually, at the time I was using it at least (which is long in the
    > past), qmail did/does purposefully ignore most sendmail-isms that
    > other MTAs do not such as an /etc/aliases file.

    This functionality was not added into qmail as a default due to reasons
    I'm not familiar with.  qmail in its natural state is a pretty minimal
    MTA, but it's also secure, which is something sendmail can't boast.

    qmail does have the fastforward addon which enables the use of
    /etc/aliases.  However, /etc/aliases (and its companion,
    /etc/virtuserable) is pretty redundant when compared to
    the 'dot-qmail' files that are the natural qmail redirection files.

    I'm curious how many of the 'sendmail-isms' are supported by postfix.

    --CAE  Kujikenaikara!

    Sub caelo noctis sto quod stellae mihi spem dant.

    "Just a whisper.  I hear it in my ghost."
    --Major Matoko Kusanagi, "Ghost in the Shell"