Re: Security Education in the Workplace

From: Secterm . (securityterminalat_private)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 11:33:58 PST

    Most certainly agree.  For the past year I've been giving presentations and
    talks for both my employer and at my local college on secure coding (and
    security in general).  I've been trying to get a class and/or a section
    dedicated to security at the college for years to come now.  With no luck I
    decided just to start giving my own talks.  I've found that most students
    are very interested in the topic and usually have a turn out of 30 or 40
    people.  If nothing else I find that I learn just as much if not more by
    preparing and giving the talks.

    -John.

    <snip>

    >1. Developers of course. Like you mention the Boot Camp, and someone had
    >earlier suggested, maybe secure coding ought to merit a
    >chapter in regular programming courses in colleges and universities, if not
    >an entire course.

    </snip>