RE: Writing Secure code

From: Matt McClellan (mccat_private)
Date: Fri Dec 27 2002 - 12:59:44 PST

    I would explicitly qualify "not exploitable" as "not exploitable in a given
    environment".  Developers will generally have to make some assumptions when
    writing code.  Take that code to an environment where one of the assumptions
    is invalid and there might be an exploit.  I don't see how writing something
    that is absolutely "not exploitable" is any more possible than "total
    security".

    --Matt