Re: Writing Secure code

From: K K Mookhey (ctoat_private)
Date: Fri Dec 27 2002 - 19:36:33 PST

    Do check out
    http://www.dwheeler.com/secure-programs/
    Although for Linux and Unix most of the principles apply to Windows as well.
    There are books on the subject too.

    > And one more thing...<this one might be intresting ;-)>  Is it possible
    > to write code that is completely secure and not exploitable?

    NO. First up, assuming you manage to plug in all the existing
    vulnerabilities (and that is a big assumption in itself), you can never
    guarantee security of code from a whole new as-yet-undiscovered class of
    vulnerabilities. This is like asking, can I have a 100% secure hack-proof
    server/network/firewall. One can only raise the barrier higher and get the
    percentages on your side.

    HTH

    K. K. Mookhey
    Chief Technology Officer