RE:Writing Secure code[update]

From: dirk.dussartat_private
Date: Tue Jan 07 2003 - 08:22:51 PST

    Pavel,

    This brings us to the area of realizability: proofs and types :-)  In fact,
    the interesting thing is that for constructive logics once we have
    the proof we also have to program. Some people have been extending this
    paradigm towards classical logic using control operators.
    A bit tricky though.

    This is all great stuff, but I haven't seen it used in real world
    applications. This is a challenge!!!

    Regards,

    --  Dirk

                          "Pavel Kankovsky"
                          <peakat_private        To:       secprogat_private
                          ff.cuni.cz>               cc:
                                                    Subject:  RE:Writing Secure code[update]
                          03/01/2003 20:00

    On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, charles lindsay wrote:

    > Personally, I have very little faith in proof of correctness (a baase
    > requirement for A1), as most proofs tended to be larger than the code
    > they were trying to prove.

    Verification of formal proofs is trivial and a trained monkey can do it
    (assuming a sane logic system with a sane proof system is used).

    --Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
    "Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."

    the system manager.