Re: Announce: MOVEit Freely - Secure Command-Line FTP Client

From: David Howe (DaveHoweat_private)
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 12:48:40 PDT

    > Standard Networks, Inc. has written a free command-line FTP client
    which
    > supports passive transfers and secure transfers using SSL for Windows
    > 95/98/XP/NT/2K.
      Had a quick look, but couldn't really check security as I could find
    no source to this utility (and wasn't interested in filling in a quiz on
    my employer's use of secure file transfer for the privilege of
    downloading the "evaluation" - presumably an error setting up the
    download page)
      From the overview pages though, it seems to be promoting a new "FTPS"
    (ssl wrappered ftp, presumably in the same manner that HTTPS wrappers
    HTTP) format to compete with the existing SFTP "shim" to SCP available
    from several sources - presumably with their own MOVEit server (closed
    source, commercial) to supply the server end.
      Has anyone else seen a ssl wrappered ftp client or server compatable
    with this one?