RE: Announce: MOVEit Freely - Secure Command-Line FTP Client

From: Bojan Zdrnja (Bojan.Zdrnjaat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 01:35:27 PDT

    Of course, it's documented thing, check RFC 2228 which explains FTP Security
    Extensions.
    Also, this version is pretty good as it will encrypt data channel as well, I
    saw some other programs which encrypt only command channel what is not
    enough if you want security (ie. everyone can sniff dir listings etc.)

    Several clients which already support ftp over ssl are cuteftp v2.01, ws ftp
    pro v7.04, igloo ftp pro v2.6 and flashfxp on Windows operating systems, as
    well as several other clients on unix operating systems.

    Overall, this isn't any major thing, implementation seems to be ok although
    on my 5-minute test this MOVEit client didn't understand correctly timeout
    on remote site. However, certification handling looks ok, I got informed
    about not certified key and it encrypts data nicely.

    Best regards,

    Bojan Zdrnja