Software Security Consultant #581 - NYC

From: Joyce Brocaglia (joyceat_private)
Date: Mon Nov 15 1999 - 11:32:59 PST

    Title: Software Security Consultant
    Location: NYC
    Salary Level: $70 - $110K

    Job Description: Individual will consult with the software development teams of our Fortune 500 clients on best practices for designing and building secure client/server and web-based software applications.
    Candidate will perform security reviews of custom and customized-commercial applications for the Unix and/or Windows platforms. Candidate will identify potential vulnerabilities, provide recommendations
    and assist in the implementation of solutions for enhancing the security of the electronic information of our clients.  Moderate travel required, depending on location of residence.

    Education: B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering

    Required Skills: Individual should have broad experience in all aspects of software development to include requirement specification, system design and code development.  Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years hands-on software development experience using one or more the following languages:
    C, C++, Java.  Candidate should understand security issues related to protecting electronic information and be able to provide feasible recommendations based on experience.  Applicant should be passionate about
    following security newsgroup postings to keep abreast of the latest security vulnerabilities and solutions.  Applicant should be familiar with methods of user authentication and data encryption using commercial
    security products and with protocols such as SSL and HTTPS.  Must have good interpersonal and writing skills and be self motivated to keep abreast of this rapidly growing technology area.

    Desired Skills: Experience developing web-based applications requiring strong user authentication, data integrity and data protection is very desirable.  Experience with the administration of relational database
    systems as Oracle and Sybase is a big plus.  Experience with the implementation, operations or security issues of  business applications such as PeopleSoft, BAAN, SAP, WallStreet and web servers also a plus.

    ALTA ASSOCIATES, INC. is the number one recruiting firm specializing in Information Security.  Our diverse client base and extensive industry contacts have produced hundreds of placements in: Security Architecture, Cryptography, Electronic Commerce, Security Engineering and Security Administration.

    If you consider yourself an expert in any area of computer security, contact us for an evaluation of your credentials and career options.  If you're hiring a security expert, utilize our ability to search a vast network of qualified executives.  Provide us with your specifications and we'll assist you in building a top notch security team.

    Contact: Joyce Brocaglia, Principal
    Alta Associates, Inc.
    e-mail: joyceat_private
    Phone: 908-806-8442