Information Security Analyst #417

From: Lori Sabat (loriat_private)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 11:41:40 PST

    Title: Information Security Analyst #417
    Department: Finance and Administration
    Location: Princeton, NJ
    Salary: Mid $60's

    The primary purpose of this position is to control and
    monitor information security policy for Unix, firewall and
    Oracle platforms.  This person will have to work closely
    with all IT departments as well as the company's business
    units to evaluate and assess security aspects of proposed
    technologies within the company's environment.

    MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES:

    · Provide security administration for Unix and Data
    Warehouse environment.  These activities include:
    configuration and log review, incident response, and user
    administration
    · Provide security management with exception/violation
    reports (System Log Reviews) and vulnerability assessments
    using vendor supplied tools.
    · Provide configuration and log review for the Firewalls and
    DMZ servers
    · Ensure system security configurations are optimized. ("as
    designed" vs. "as built") by establishing solid working
    relationships with the operations, design, and change
    control areas.
    · Provide monitoring for mimesweeper and malware (virus)
    software
    · Provide support to the ISO on security projects
    · Interact with Divisional Information Security Coordinators
    (ISC) and the company's HelpDesk.

    **************************
    ALTA ASSOCIATES, INC. is the number one recruiting firm
    specializing in Information Security.  Our diverse client
    base and extensive industry contacts have produced hundreds
    of placements in: Security Architecture, Cryptography,
    Electronic Commerce, Security Engineering and Security
    Administration.

    If you consider yourself an expert in any area of computer
    security, contact us for an evaluation of your credentials
    and career options.  If you're hiring a security expert,
    utilize our ability to search a vast network of qualified
    executives.  Provide us with your specifications and we'll
    assist you in building a top notch security team.

    Contact: Lori S. Sabat, Principal
    Alta Associates, Inc.
    Phone: 908-806-8442
    Fax:   908-806-8443