IT Security Administrator #648 - Stamford, CT

From: Lori Sabat (loriat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 07:18:17 PST

    Title:    IT Security Administrator
    Location: Stamford, CT
    Salary:   Base up to $80k with 7-10% bonus opportunity

    Education and Skills: College education preferred.  Three
    years experience in Data Security or more than five years
    experience in Systems Management, particularly in a mixed
    Windows NT and Solaris environment.  Knowledge of WAN based
    routing technology, particularly Cisco routers is a plus.
    Must also have firewall experience, preferably Cisco PIX and
    Checkpoint Firewall-1.

    Duties and Responsibilities: Create and help enforce data
    security policies for all Synapse systems.  Must be able to
    identify and correct security problems on all platforms.
    Must keep current on security patches for systems and keep
    abreast of developments in the data security field.  This
    person will then be responsible for implementing the project
    in conjunction with other members of the Computer Operations
    team.

    Must also develop Disaster Recovery Plan for all production
    Company systems.  This includes coordination with Computer
    Operations staff and staff located at our outsourced
    production facilities.

    Performance Criteria: Must be able to work well in a team
    environment, especially since this position will interact
    with all members of Computer Operations and our production
    data centers.  Both written and oral communications skills
    are critical to this position.  Must be able to effectively
    present security solutions, balancing business risk versus
    business need.  Occasionally, it may be required to work
    nights and weekends.   Must have a pleasant and professional
    attitude. Must be able to take on multiple tasks and handle
    pressure while still maintaining a professional attitude.
    Must be able to think and resolve issues quickly.

    ********************************
    ALTA ASSOCIATES, INC. is the number one recruiting firm
    specializing in Information Security.  Our diverse client
    base and extensive industry contacts have produced hundreds
    of placements in: Security Architecture, Cryptography,
    Electronic Commerce, Security Engineering and Wireless
    Application Protocol Technology.

    If you consider yourself an expert in any area of computer
    security, contact us for an evaluation of your credentials
    and career options.  If you're hiring a security expert,
    utilize our ability to search a vast network of qualified
    executives.  Provide us with your specifications and we'll
    assist you in building a top notch security team.
    Visit our website: www.altaassociates.com

    Contact: Joyce Brocaglia, Principal
    e-mail: joyceat_private
    Phone: 908-806-8442