Security Administrator #646 - New York, NY

From: Lori Sabat (loriat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 07:43:14 PST

    Title:    Security Administrator #646
    Location: New York, NY
    Salary:   $90k - $100k

    Responsibilities: This individual will report directly to
    the Lead Network Engineer in an entrepreneurial
    organization.  They will be responsible for:

    Creation and implementation of security policy.
    Review of all Perl and C code as part of QA process.
    Routine vulnerability testing and remediation.
    Routine maintenance of firewalls and router access lists.
    Ongoing work with system administration staff to maintain
    patches against known security flaws.
    Responding to, and researching, attempted break-ins.
    Periodic consultation with third parties to audit
    company-wide security.

    Goals:
    Review and assess vulnerability of systems and network
    components. Create a secure environment at all levels:
    network, server and application.

    Qualifications:
    Extensive familiarity with UNIX, LINUX, and NT security.
    Knowledge of Perl and C. Understanding of firewalls and
    packet filters. At least one year working in a position
    dedicated primarily to security. Desire and flexibility to
    work in a small company environment.

    ***************************

    ALTA ASSOCIATES, INC. is the number one recruiting firm
    specializing in Information Security.  Our diverse client
    base and extensive industry contacts have produced hundreds
    of placements in: Security Architecture, Cryptography,
    Electronic Commerce, Security Engineering and Wireless
    Application Protocol Technology.

    If you consider yourself an expert in any area of computer
    security, contact us for an evaluation of your credentials
    and career options.  If you're hiring a security expert,
    utilize our ability to search a vast network of qualified
    executives.  Provide us with your specifications and we'll
    assist you in building a top notch security team.
    Visit our website: www.altaassociates.com

    Contact: Lori S. Sabat, Principal
    e-mail:  loriat_private
    Phone:   908-806-8442