Sr. InfoSec/Firewall Analyst - looking for position, willing to relocate

From: Andrea J Mikush (vampnekoat_private)
Date: Sun May 13 2001 - 08:59:23 PDT

    Hello All!
    I'm a Sr. Information Security/Firewall Analyst (cross-platform) looking for
    a high level security position in a stable company. My skills include policy
    drafting, implementation, and management, intrusion detection, vulnerability
    scanning and Checkpoint Firewalls. My professional memberships include the
    FBI's Infragard program and ISSA. I'm available immediately, am located in
    Silicon Valley, but willing to relocate and/or travel for the right
    position. The text of my resume is pasted below.
    Thanks, and good luck everyone!
    Andrea Mikush

    ANDREA J. MIKUSH
    1015 S BLANEY AVENUE • SAN JOSE, CA 95129
    PHONE 408-873-2436 • E-MAIL VAMPNEKOat_private

    OBJECTIVE

    To secure a high level security position in an enterprise environment.

    PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

    8/00 - merger 	Quantum Corp/Maxtor Corp (merger)	Milpitas, CA
    Senior Information Security/Firewall Analyst
    * Develop and implement enterprise-wide policies
    * Develop, implement and troubleshoot firewall rules to maintain the
    security of the company network.
    * Installing, maintaining, and upgrading firewalls and other security tools.
    * Reviewing logs, developing and distributing reports, maintaining
    documentation
    * Describing the current and future state of the security infrastructure and
    verifying server access through the firewall.
    * Regular vulnerability scans for devices located on the company's
    enterprise network
    * Reviewing vulnerability reports, performing impact analysis and
    implication of fixes will be developed
    * Updating, maintaining and troubleshooting Sendmail relay servers and
    internal and external DNS tables as needed
    * Managing vendors and contractors, and working with outside sources to
    complete projects and ensure deliverables are met
    * Work with other team members, other departments and with IT contacts at
    partner companies to investigate network issues suspected to be firewall,
    DNS or mail relay related on Quantum's network of approximately 44 sites in
    20 countries
    * Reviewing vulnerability mailing lists, keeping up on current security
    issues, getting the latest training and attending seminars, trade shows and
    other events
    * Forging security strategies and notifying appropriate server groups of
    relevant vulnerabilities as required
    * Research and evaluate new technologies to fit changing business needs
    * Establishing and securing business-to-business VPN links
    Hardware/Software used:
    * Checkpoint Firewall-1 4.1 SP2 and 3 on Nokia IP 650's (redundant) running
    IPSO 3.3 or 3.2.1
    * ISS RealSecure 3.5-5.0, on Nokia, Solaris and Windows NT
    * DNS/Sendmail on HP-UX and Solaris platforms
    * Various network scanning, probing and auditing tools on various platforms

    4/99 - 8/00	PostX Corporation	Cupertino, CA
    Sr. NT Network/System Administrator
    (Same company as below, new position there)
    Responsible for network and systems administration, troubleshooting,
    support, security and continued development of the corporate NT, Windows
    2000, 98 and 95 environment.
    * Server installation and/or administration including: Exchange 5.5, RAS,
    IIS 4 & 5, DNS, DHCP, WINS, SQL, MS Proxy, Checkpoint Firewall-1 and VPN-1
    client, Gauntlet and Raptor firewalls.
    * Network backups using BackupExec 7.3
    * Some UNIX, Solaris
    * Administration and interconnectivity of 6 domains on 2 ISPs
    * Development of network security strategy
    * Development of the IT Operations manual
    * Purchasing hardware/software
    * Planning, developing, implementing and supporting test environments for
    Software Quality Assurance and other engineering groups
    * Management of testing lab and network environment
    * Desktop, laptop and server configuration, support, maintenance, upgrades
    and repair
    * Technical consulting to Engineering and QA departments
    * Responsible for Operations duties including electronic key management,
    master keys, Norstar phone system, office space and equipment allocation
    	also PostX Corporation
    Software QA Engineer
    Responsible for developing test plans, writing and performing test cases,
    discovering, tracking and ultimately closing bugs in our server products and
    consumer plug in. Also, engineering test environments, testing internet
    applications, corporate website quality assurance, communicating product
    status and investigating and reproducing bugs with members of various other
    departments in this fast paced Silicon Valley start up.
    * Have an understanding of OOT and OOAD
    * Designed and implemented my department's network - Including implementing
    Exchange server, IIS web server, Checkpoint Firewall-1 with VPN-1, print and
    network services and creating and maintaining my department's intranet web
    site.
    * Experience with the following types of testing: black box, incremental
    integration, integration, functional, end-to-end, sanity, regression,
    acceptance, load/stress, performance, usability, install/uninstall,
    recovery, compatibility, comparison, alpha and beta testing.

    11/98 - 3/99	@Home Network	Redwood City, CA
    Tier II - Network Technical Support
    Responsible for providing network support and site monitoring for @Home
    customers. Responsibilities included troubleshooting high-speed cable
    networks, testing network equipment, and Telco equipment with customers and
    telcos, working directly with the Excite@Home Operations Center to identify
    backbone problems such as BGP routing issues, packet loss issues, and HUB
    equipment failures to overload situations. Additional responsibilities
    included participating in mentoring new hires and providing ongoing training
    for peers on network topology/technology, products and service and
    contributing to the production of internal training materials and
    product/service information needed to support @Home customers. I have a good
    working knowledge of dial-up and leased line communications hardware and
    software; complete familiarity with PC software and operating systems, POP
    Servers/Clients, send mail and strong working knowledge of the Internet.
    TCP/IP network experience working in a network operations/support
    environment and Telecommunications high speed troubleshooting. Experience
    working with Internet applications. Good communications skills.

    2/98 - 10/98	Microsoft, on contract for Keane Inc.	Tucson, AZ
    Support Engineer
    Full time position delivering technical support to users of Windows 98.
    Required Skills included thorough knowledge of MS-DOS, Windows 95/98,
    Networking, PC troubleshooting, basic PC architecture and excellent customer
    service and communication skills.
    * Participated in the Sponsor Program, assisting new hire transition from
    training to the delivery of support
    * Host daily NetMeeting site-wide to aid engineers by providing
    troubleshooting information
    * Present Tech Lunches for needed triages and training during my lunch
    hour
    * Created "Commando Corner" featuring troubleshooting reference materials
    and the tech of the week on our team
    * Social Coordinator for Team 22, fostering more cohesive relationships,
    (i.e. acknowledgement of birthdays, group activities, potlucks etc.)
    * Editor to a staff of five for the company newsletter, "Keane Scene"
    * Member of the Keane Employee Activities Team
    * Member of the Women in Technology group

    6/97 - 1/98	America OnLine, Inc.	Tucson, AZ
    Technical Support Representative
    Client Test Group
    Full time position responding to a large number of inbound calls from
    members and prospective customers, performing PC Technical troubleshooting
    including modem communications, assisting customers in resolving
    software/hardware problems to better access our service, sending/receiving
    email, entering information into different databases while speaking to
    customers, assisting customers in navigating our service, encourages use of
    service by analyzing customer needs. Required Skills: MS-DOS, Windows,
    and/or Windows 95, knowledge of computer hardware, modem communications,
    online industry, strong verbal/written communications skills, ability to
    communicate technical information to individuals at varying levels of
    competency, ability to multitask and adapt to changes.

    Client Test Group - Identifying and reporting bugs in development releases
    of the AOL client software. Also participated in regression testing and
    verifying bug fixes.

    PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS - CERTIFICATIONS - TRAINING

    * Member of the FBI NIPC - InfraGard program
    * Member of the Information Systems Security Association (ISSA)
    * Global Incident Analysis Center (GIAC) Security Essentials Course (GIAC-
    Security Essentials Certification in progress)
    * Nokia Security Administration Course for High Performance Network Security
    * Internet Security Systems' RealSecure Intrusion Detection Certification
    * Checkpoint Firewall-1 Management (CCSA in progress)
    * Checkpoint Advanced Firewall-1 Management
    * Checkpoint VPN-1 for the Security Professional
    * Solaris 8 Administration I & II
    * MCP - Microsoft Certified Professional
    * Microsoft Advanced Windows 95 Support Training Class

    EDUCATION

    12/95	University of Pittsburgh	Pittsburgh, PA
    Bachelor of Arts/English Literature, Philosophy
    5/91	Ambridge Area High School	Ambridge, PA
    	Robert Morris College	Coraopolis, PA
    Master's Degree (not completed - I may continue locally)

    INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES

    Interests
    College: Officer of the English Club, Philosophy Club, and Executive Officer
    of Alpha Delta Pi National Sorority, Member of the University of
    Pittsburgh's Mentor Program for Incoming Freshmen, Member of Mensa, the
    International High IQ Society, student employment at campus computer labs.
    Computers: I've been a computer hobbyist since grade school, and web
    designer since 1993. My interests are, among other things, security and
    streaming online multimedia. I also enjoy building computers, testing
    software and keeping up on new technology and gadgetry. When I'm not in
    front of a computer, I enjoy hiking, camping, Pilates and practicing Yoga.