Employment opportunity

From: Timothy D. Stanley (patimat_private)
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 23:26:54 PDT

    Greetings,

    You know how critical your information systems are to your
    business.  You know the security, availability, and
    efficiency of your network and computers will determine the
    survival of your business.   I feel we may be of great
    benefit to each other.

    As you read my resume and consider the benefits of my
    employment, please note my strong accomplishments in
    minimizing security vulnerabilities, maintaining maximum
    systems availability, and achieving unprecedented operating
    efficiency of the networks under my control.

    As the Deputy Director of the Systems Division and Assistant
    Information Systems Security Manager for network operations
    of four Department of Defense organizations located in
    Japan, I have implemented new security and operations
    policies.  Additionally, I have provided various levels of
    information assurance training to all network users and
    administrators.  The results of my efforts over the last
    three years have resulted in zero computer virus/worm
    infections, significantly reduced the threat of e-mail/web
    based attacks, and set superior standards for incident
    handling and response.

    My goal of a secure, available, and efficient network could
    not have been accomplished without the managers, users, and
    administrators who have all contributed to make our network
    operations a true success story.  Getting people with
    different viewpoints to work together, to exceed the
    increasingly high standards required in every industry, and
    to achieve whatever task is required is one of my most
    satisfying endeavors.

    I certainly look forward to receiving your e-mail with
    contact information and to hear about your hiring process.
    I will respond within a few days to answer any questions you
    might have.

    Best regards,

    Timothy D. Stanley, MCSE, CISSP
    PSC 78 Box 1203
    APO, AP 96326

    Home Phone:  +81-311-757-2502
    Work Phone:  +81-311-755-6556
    E-Mail:  td_stanleyat_private
    (Military in Japan)

    ---------------

    Resume of
    Timothy D. Stanley
    MCSE, CISSP

    PSC 78 Box 1203, APO, AP 96326
    Phone: +81-311-757-2502
    E-Mail: td_stanleyat_private

    Employment Objective

    Highly reliable and organized person with reliable work
    ethic and a passion for security is seeking a Senior
    Information Security Engineer or Senior Network Security
    Manager position with an organization where there are
    opportunities for continued achievement and development.

    Experience Summary

    Provide overall management of 3 classified networks at 4
    operating locations for past 4 years to include server and
    workstation installations, network and computer security,
    configuration management, and network enhancements.
    Restructured existing organizational strategies and policies
    encompassing network security, disaster avoidance and
    recovery, vulnerability assessments, and the identification,
    reaction, recovery of security incidents.  Have proudly
    earned reputation as a tenacious problem solver by proving
    there is solution to every problem.  Most rewarding
    undertaking is getting people with contradictory views to
    work together, to exceed the increasingly high standards
    required in this industry, and to achieve whatever task is
    required.  Have built, expanded, and diagnosed computers for
    over 20 years.  Dedicated professional, with solid
    interpersonal and communications skills.

    Professional Certifications

    *	Certified Information Systems Security Professional
    (CISSP)
    *	Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
    Windows NT 4.0 Workstation, Server, and Server in Enterprise

    *	Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) Exchange 5.5
    & TCP/IP
    *
    *	Professional Experience
    *
    United States Air Force
    (October 1981- present)

    Current Assignment
    Network Administrator and Information Systems Security
    Manager (ISSM)
    (February 1998 - present)
    *	Provided leadership and overall management of
    day-to-day operations of the Systems Division to include
    vendor/contractor management, project management, personnel
    management, budget and fiscal management, and resolution of
    technical problems/issues.  Responsibilities include the
    secure installation, administration, and configuration
    management of three classified networks employing Windows NT
    and Sun Solaris workstations and servers located on four
    U.S. Air Force bases.  Designated project manager for all
    new network installations and enhancements.  Additional
    responsibilities consist of the testing and recommendation
    of new software and hardware, operations and security
    training of users, administrators and managers, and
    preparing annual budget requirements.  Other critical
    responsibilities include Assistant Information Systems
    Security Manager of all classified networks under regional
    headquarters responsibility and participating as a lead
    member of local Computer Emergency Response Team.
    *	Previous Assignment
    Electronic Intelligence Analyst, Webmaster and Information
    Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
    (December 1995 - January 1998)
    Project lead for intelligence focused web site that provided
    real-time analysis and dissemination of data during wartime
    and crisis. The analysis processes and dissemination methods
    have since been adopted by several national and military
    agencies.  Other primary responsibility included performing
    physical and security configuration of over 200 client
    workstations, servers, and related network devices.
    *
    Other Assignments
    (October 1981 - December 1995)
    Remainder of military career has yielded assignments
    performing electronic intelligence collection and analysis,
    including various research & development projects whose
    results have changed military tactics.  In connection to
    other temporary assignments, duties were performed in
    several European, Far Eastern, and Middle Eastern countries.

    *
    *	Education
    *
    *	Solaris Security Administration Course, (Regional
    Training Center, Japan)
    *	Solaris Systems Administration Course, (Regional
    Training Center, Japan)
    *	Basic UNIX Administration Course, (Regional Training
    Center, Japan)
    *	Information Systems Security Officer Course,
    (National Security Agency)
    *	Information Warfare Applications Course, (Air
    University)
    *	University of Maryland,
    103 Semester hours towards Bachelor in Science, Information
    Systems Management
    *	Community College of the Air Force,
    Associate in Applied Science, Intelligence Collection
    *
    Professional & Organizational Memberships
    *
    *	Lead Member, Base Computer Emergency Response Team
    *	Member, Information Systems Security Association

    Current Clearance

    Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information.