Network/Info Security Professional Resume

From: boraselinturanat_private
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 19:44:13 PDT

    I am a network/info security expert with over 6 years
    of IT experience seeking a security position in US.  I
    specialize in security architecture design,
    implementation and deployment, including
    project management.  Here is my resume, please
    dont hesitate to ask any questions.

    Bora Turan

    Resume
    OBJECTIVE A challenging career opportunity in
    Computer and Information Security where my
    excellent problem solving, analytical, design skills and
    my proven leadership, passion for success can
    contribute to the success of a growth oriented
    company located in US.

    TARGET JOB
     Desired Job Type: Employee
     Desired Status: Full-Time
     Career Level: Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
     Date of Availability: Negotiable

    WORK STATUS US I require sponsorship to work in
    this country.

    EXPERIENCE
    3/2001 - Present@Mobilgi Ltd. Istanbul
    Co-Founder
     -Technical Consulting
     -Risk Assesment, Policy Development, User-Policy
    Management
     -Firewall Design

     3/2000 - Present @Naval Academy Istanbul
     Instructor and Researcher
     -Teaching
    *Digital Design,
    *Ship Electronics,
    *Systems and Signals classes in Electrical
    Engineering Department.
    *Introduction to Computer Security,
    *Microprocessors,
    *Advanced Microprocessors classes in Computer
    Science Department

    -Conducting research on Next Generation Viruses,
    Macro Viruses, Electromagnetic Emitions of
    Computer Equipment, Information Warfare

     1/2000 - 2/2001at_private,
    www.mysigorta.com, www.makinapazar.com
    Istanbul
     Senior Developer and Consultant
     -Maintained and gave consultancy to textileonly.com
    about web and security based decisions.
    -Currently managing an on-going project for
    establishment of mysigorta.com (B2B and B2C
    online insurance seller by reverse auction).
    -Designed, implemented makinapazar.com (B2B 2nd
    hand Machine Exchange Marketplace). Presently
    consulting, maintaining and supporting the site.

     1/1999 - 2/2001at_private,
    www.netgezgini.com, www.saglikmag.com Istanbul
     Co-Founder and Lead Engineer
     -Founded, designed, implemented and incorporated
    indexturkiye.com one of the first major search
    engines of Turkey, sold to a major VC in Turkey. My
    contributions are;

    *Writing the code for search engine (frontend-
    ASP,CGI)
    *Designing, implementing the DB, managing,
    interfacing DB with front-end (backend-MS SQL,
    mySQL, ODBC)
    *Designing, writing the code of the web crawler for
    datamining (intelligent agent-Visual C++ with MFC)

    -Founded, implemented, managed netgezgini.com
    (portal&search), saglikmag.com (health portal)

     3/1998 - 3/2000@Naval Postgraduate School
    Monterey, CA
     Research Student
     -Firewall Design
    -Configuration Management
    -Penetration testing and analysis of Windows NT OS
    -Working with TCP/IP and internet technologies
    -Risk Assesment, Policy development and
    management
    -Network Security and Security Architecture
    development
    -Worked in development of a prototype PCI based
    coprocessor that can enforce Mandatory Access
    Control on a Windows NT based (untrusted) machine
    -Worked on Secure Bootstrap of an Intel based PC

     8/1994 - 3/1998@Navy Istanbul
     Officer
     Department Head/Executive Officer in various posts
    and positions. Including Naval HQ and Naval Academy
    (Awarded to work and assigned to teach as an
    examplary officer)

    EDUCATION
    3/2000 NPS US-CA-Monterey
     Master's Degree - MSEE
     M.S, Electrical Engineering majoring Computer
    Architecture and VLSI design.
    Graduated with distinction - 3.78 GPA.
    Completed required classes for degree in C.S,
    majoring computer security (did not apply for second
    degree).

    SKILLS Skill Name Skill Level Last Used Experience
     ASP, COM based N-Tier Internet Applications Expert
    Currently used 2 years
     ANSI SQL (mySQL,SQL) Intermediate Currently
    used 2 years
     ODBC Intermediate Currently used 2 years
     Cryptography Intermediate 1 year ago 2 years
     PKI, Certificates, Digital Signatures Intermediate 1
    year ago 2 years
     Database design, Data Mining, Data Warehousing
    Intermediate Currently used 2 years
     C++, MFC Intermediate 1 year ago 3 years
     HTML,Javascript,PHP Intermediate Currently used 3
    years
     Risk Assesment, Configuration Management
    Intermediate 1 year ago 3 years
     Assembler-Embedded Systems-Intel,Sparc,Motorola
    Expert 1 year ago 3 years
     Data Privacy, Protection and Virus Protection Expert
    Currently used 3 years
     Computer Architecture, VLSI design Intermediate 1
    year ago 3 years

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION \
    I have been involved in designing and developing
    many mission critical projects. I can work under
    pressure. I have perfect communication skills and
    representation ability.

    During my attendance to NPS, I have completed the
    requirements for MSEE (computer architecture) in 12
    months -instead of 24 months. I then devoted 12
    months to specialize in Computer&Information
    Security and Web&E-commerce Applications for a
    period of 12+ months. I have a strong understanding
    of computers in both hardware and software.
    Through my studies in NPS, I have worked on a
    project called Multi Level Secure LAN (MLS LAN). I
    have worked in the development of a special PCI
    prototype card (called TCBE-card like IBM secure
    coprocessor for e-commerce) which will ultimately
    control a WinNT workstation for secure transactions
    over a network.

    I have experience and knowledge on Internet and E-
    Commerce Technologies.

    I have Cryptography, Secure Management of
    Systems, Database Security, Applying INFOSEC
    Systems, Advanced topics in Computer security,
    Smart card and Coprocessor security, VLSI Design,
    Network Security, Networks, C++ Programming,
    Database Design, Microprocessors and Embedded
    Systems background.

    I have experience on Windows OS environments,
    networking (TCP/IP and internet related).

    I can work independently as much as I can work or
    lead a colloborative team, I am also a self starting
    personality, organized, detail oriented and capable of
    handling shifting priorities.

    I worked as a manager as much as I have worked as
    engineer, therefore I can manage vendors,
    contractors, and work with outside sources, I also
    can clearly communicate technical issues to all
    levels of client on formal or informal basis.