Engineer/Architect type available

From: Karl S. Hagen (khagenat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 07:41:58 PDT

       Yes another one has fallen to the new wave of layoffs and
       restructuring.  Im available for immediate start.  Id prefer
       Dallas,Tx area, but for the appropriate relocation package I will
       move.

    KARL S. HAGEN
    2112 Oleander Way
    McKinney, Tx. 75070
    khagenat_private
    (214) 544-1878

    OBJECTIVE:
              Im interested in Internet Security, E-Commerce, and Information
              Security.  I enjoy building and maintaining the infrastructure to
              make it all happen.

    EDUCATION:
              Kansas State University, Manhattan, Ks. 66506
              Bachelor of Science degree in Information Science
              Graduated December 1994

    	  Cisco Training Classes Completed:
    	  *  Intro to Cisco Router Configuration
    	  *  Advanced Cisco Router Configuration
    	  *  Cisco ATM solutions
    	  *  Cisco Internetwork Design
    	  *  Cisco Internetwork Troubleshooting
    	  *  Cisco Router Installation and Maintenance
              *  Cisco SNA Configuration for Multiprotocol Admins.

    TECHNICAL:
    	APPLICATIONS:	C/C++ Programming, X11R5 & Motif Programming
    	DBMS:		Oracle(Installation and some maintenance)
    	ORACLE TOOLS:	SQL*NET, OraWEB 3.0 (Install and some maintenance)
    	OPER. SYS:	MS-DOS, Windows NT, BSDI, Solaris 1.x/2.x/7/8
    			AIX 3.2.x, HP/UX 9.x, Linux, Domain OS 10.x,
    			BSD Reno 4.x, OS/2, AT&T SYS Vr3.x(AT&T 3b series).
    	HARDWARE:	Sun Sparc, HP 3000/8000/9000, AT&T 3Bx,
    			Intel x86 & Pentium, IBM RS/6000, PowerPC,
    			Solbourne 5/x and 4000, Apple Macintosh
    	NETWORK HARDWARE:
    			Synoptics HUBS & Concentrators, Cisco
    			Routers/ATM switches/and Ethernet Switches.
    	NETOWRK SOFTWARE:
    			Lantastic, Novell Netware 3.1x, PC/TCP,
    			Cisco IOS 9.x/10.x/11.x/12.x
    	NETWORK OTHER:	NFS, PPP, SLIP, IPX/SPX, TCP/IP, AppleTalk,
    			Frame Relay(56K-T1), ISDN(BRI,PRI), ATM., VPN, IPSEC,
                            VoIP.
    	SOFTWARE:	WWW(httpd), sendmail 8.x, INN (NNTP), POPd,
    			NTP (xntp), TACACS+, PERL 4.x/5.x, Awk/Sed,
    			CSH & SH, Veritas, Legato, CiscoWorks, SunNet Mgr,
    			Xcert(Now RSA) PKI.

    EXPERIENCE:
    	Raytheon Company - McKinney, Tx.			04/98 - present
    	Position:  Chief Architect IT Security
    	*	Designed, developed, and deployed Internet Infrastructure to
    		support E-Commerce, Fault-Tolerant access, and Load-Balanced
     		client use.
    	*	Designed, developed, and deployed Inter-Corporate communications
    		and Firewalls to facility Business-to-Business needs.
    	*	Designed, developed, and deployed International WAN
    		Infrastructure, to include strong encryption.
            *	Designed, developed, and deployed PKI architecture to include
                    integration with exsisting Badge system and RAS Authentication.
     	*	Designed, developed, and deployed IPSEC architecture for use
          		in SITE-To-SITE VPN and Client-To-SITE VPN.
    	*	Designed, developed, and deployed Wireless 802.11b architecture
     		for encrypted and authenticated use behind a firewall.
    	*	Designed, developed, and deployed RAS architecture that included
    		support for Analog/Digital Dialup and VPN access.
    	*	Designed, developed, and deployed architecture and
    		Infrastructure for International to US Domestic VoIP, to include
    		strong IPSEC encryption of all data/voice.

    	OpenConnect Systems Incorporated - Dallas, Tx.		01/96 - 2/98
    	Position:  Network Engineer (Contract -to - Hire)
    	*	Network Design, Construction, and Administration
    		I redesigned, purchased, implemented, and maintained
    		a ATM based ethernet switched network.
    	*	Firewall and System Security design
    		I built and maintained three firewalls for internet
    		access and inter-departmental communications.
    	*	Telecom and Internet Access
    		I installed and maintained... several T1's and several
      		large scale ISDN/Analog access systems. Ranging from
    		PRI to BRI.
    	*	UNIX System Administrator
    		I designed and installed new Solaris based file servers
    		using sparc storage arrays and veritas. I also installed
     		and setup Netscape SuiteSpot, DNS, Sendmail, and Samba.

    	Paranet, Inc - Dallas, Tx.				04/95 - 01/96
    	Position:  UNIX/Network Administration Consultant
    	*	UNIX System Administrator
    		I installed Sendmail, DNS, and OS tuning for
    		HP/UX, AIX, and Solaris.
    	* 	Network Design, Construction, and Administration
    		I installed several T1's for various contracts.
    	*	Firewall and System Security design
    		I installed firewalls for various internet connections.
    		Most notable was Baylor Medical of Dallas.  They used my
    		firewalls for over 2yrs before finally replacing them.
    	* 	Contracts included AT&T, Sun Service, Texas Inst.
    		Zales, Baylor Medical School, ARCO, and DSC Communications.

    	Gallup Organization, Inc. - Lincoln, Ne.		12/94 - 03/95
    	Position:  Unix/Network Administrator
    	*	Managed HP, Sun,  BSDI UNIX workstations.
    	*	Advised on WAN construction and LAN expansion
    	*	Built Gallup Firewall and Advised on security.
    	* 	Managed Gallup LAN/WAN expansions.

    	Kansas State University - Manhattan, Ks.		02/93 - 01/95
    	Position:  UNIX/Network Administrator
    	*	Managed SUN, HP, Apollo, and RS/6000's workstations.
    	*	OS's include SUN OS 4.1.x, SUN Solaris 2.x, HP/UX, Domain OS,
    		Novell 3.11, DOSw/TCP/IP, PC/NFS 4.0
    	*       Ethernet network installation and setup.
    	*	Wrote programs in C++ for Database  search and retrieval.

    	Hardee's Restuarant					08/87 - 08/93
    	Position:  Assistant Manager
    	*	Shift Control,  Truck Order, Shift  scheduling,
    		Book keeping, Training.
    	*	Installation of PC-based network for use as registers.

    	US Army Southern Command Network - Panama City, Rep. P. 09/84 - 07/87
    	Position:  Production Clerk
    	*	Radio and Television.  Assistant to Chief of Programming
    		and Production.  Senior director for News and
    		Information productions.
    	*	Computer Systems Analyst and Programmer for  AFRTS O(net)
    		world wide network, including installation.

    ACTIVITIES:
    	USENIX/SAGE Member since 1994
    	Complete CCNA Certification
            Working on CCIE Certification

    --
    Karl S. Hagen                                 email: khagenat_private
    Cisco Certified Network Assoc. (CCNA)         http://www.greyhelm.com/~khagen/