Firewall Instructor Positions

From: Gary Porter (gary.porterat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 10:46:49 PDT

    Our company has been contracted by the U.S. Air Force to teach the use of
    Secure Computing Corporation's Sidewinder Firewall, HP's OpenView Network
    Node Manager and Lucent Technology's QIP to Air Force Network Technicians at
    bases around the U.S.  Other courses will be added in the future.  We use a
    mobile classroom/network lab setup in a Winnebago RV chassis that we drive
    from base to base.  Instructors fly to where the classroom is positioned,
    teach their class(es), perhaps relocate the classroom, and then fly home.
    The concept has proven so effective and popular that we are contemplating
    configuring two additional classrooms this Summer/Fall and will need to
    greatly expand our team of instructors.  The positions pay in the range of
    $50K-$60K, depending on experience, and require up to 50% travel each month.
    The expansion of our program will make regional basing of instructors an
    option. Instructor candidates should have a strong background in TCP/IP,
    firewall administration and other security tools, and DNS and network
    management concepts.  Previous instructor experience is not required but
    highly desired.  Both full and part-time positions are available.  For more
    information, contact:

    Gary R. Porter
    Program Manager, CITS Mobile Training
    MATCOM Corporation