RE: Do i need to go to university ?

From: Gregory_DeGennaroat_private
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 11:22:03 PDT

    Nigel,

    You may want to get a certification during the summer (MCP, CCNA, MCSE,
    RHCE, and etc).  This will help you get your foot in the door while obtain
    your degree.  This will also build your skills and experience.  A recruiter
    may not consider you until you have a degree, so you may have to do some
    street pounding (look for a job on your own).  If you work for a good
    company and they have the money, they will assist you in receiving your
    degree because knowledge is power and they want you to become a loyal
    employee.  I am presently in this situation.  Although I have learned more
    about computers at home and work than at college, I have to go to college
    since this is the general idea of the corporate world.  This is the only way
    to make sure I never hit the promotion ceiling.

    Greg