pen-test contract

From: tarekat_private
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 16:37:20 PDT

    I have been hired by a very big company owned by a very influential
    political figure in my country to do some penetration testing from
    outside their network. I have very limited experience with that kind of
    contracting. In any case, it is my understanding that international law
    supercedes local law. So knowledge of local law shouldn't be a must to
    answer my question. My country suffers from corruption just like any
    other so they sign international conventions regularly lol, and umm, it
    receives help from the world bank and such so I guess it is up to date
    with the recent fascist trade agreements and so on.

    What clauses should the contract comprise so I wouldn't be vulnerable to
    prosecution in the case that I employ normal penetration "e-"methods? In
    other words, no social engineering will be employed. Last one I did, I
    insisted that an email be sent to me from their "non-relaying" smtp
    server from a corporate node. Be feel free to be vague and such.

    Btw, no specific law covers internet hacking by it is also my
    understanding that I could be prosecuted if no authorization were given
    by trade laws and copyright laws.

    Thanks in advance.

    Get Cyberia Webmail - Free e-mail you can access from anywhere!
    http://www.ThisIsCyberia.com/Webmail/