Re: international law (was: Re: pen-test contract

From: Wain Dobson (wainat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 00:24:16 PDT

    Hopefully you mean penetration testing of the network owned by the
    influential politician, If you are going after something else then you risk
    being charged and tried in absentia.

    International Law, in itself, does not supersede local law. Criminal
    offences are generally covered by multi-lateral or uni-lateral agreements,
    and even that does not guarantee extradition. For example, it's pretty hard
    for anyone whom faces a death penalty in another country to be extradited
    from Canada. However, a number of countries are trying hard with respect to
    computer crime in all it's various guises,

    Just curious ... you looking to become a spy? lol. Good luck ... hopefully
    this is not your real email user name, and the "lb" is faked.and cyber.net
    is non-existent. Otherwise, you no doubt have been "tagged by now."