Looking for security / sys admin position.

From: Balasubramanian, Krishnamurthi (baluat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2001 - 07:07:17 PDT

    Hello.  I am interested in finding employment in the security and
    systems administration field.  I have many years of experience
    managing computers running several different operating systems, am
    familiar with several programming languages and have excellent
    analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.

    I am familiar with security analysis tools like nmap, netcat and
    port scanners.  I have deployed intrusion detection tools (SNORT) and
    written scripts to analyze and summarize the logs and developed
    scripts to automate penetration testing.  I have tested and debugged
    exploit code and modified them to facilitate in-house penetration
    testing.

    I am willing to relocate for the right opportunity, though I prefer
    to stay in the middle Tennessee area.  My resume follows.  Please
    contact me for additional information.  Thank you.

    	K. Balasubramanian ("Balu")
    	1529 Roy Brown Rd., Burns, TN 37029.
    	615-446-9143
    	balu1729at_private

    	Career Objectives:
    To make significant contributions in the field of information security.
    To work where logical thinking, analytical skills, mathematical
    abilities and "people skills" can be fully utilized and grown to their
    highest potential.

    	Employment:
    Bridgestone/Firestone, Nashville, TN  1/2001-9/2001,
    Information Security Analyst. System Administration (Solaris, Linux,
    NT) and Intrusion Detection System configuration, installation, and
    monitoring (Snort). Develop scripts (Unix shell, Perl, awk),
    write code (C, C++) for analyzing event logs, testing systems
    (NT/2000, Unix) for vulnerabilities. Develop, debug, and enhance
    exploit code and security tools. Developed scripts for e-Security
    (real-time security event monitoring software) agents on NT/2000
    workstations and servers. Security log database (Oracle) maintenance
    and SQL scripts for database queries and report generation. Assist
    information security officer in audit, incident response, penetration
    testing, password cracking, analysis and forensics.

    Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee   1998 - 2000 Research
    Assistant Professor. 1987 - 1998, Research Instructor.
    System administration, management (VAX VMS, Unix (SGI, Digital UNIX))
    in demanding scientific computing environment.  Network maintenance
    --Ethernet hardware, Decnet, Appletalk, TCP/IP.  Software installation
    and upgrades.  Utility software development - tape translations and
    file transfer routines between platforms.  Developed a graphics package
    for composing and editing figures with output to laser printers
    (HP, DEC), color display workstations (Evans & Southerland, Silicon
    Graphics workstations.)  Installation of 3rd party hardware on
    Silicon Graphics workstations.  Web site maintenance.

    Telco Reasearch Corporation, Nashville, Tennessee 1982-1987,
    Software Manager.  Developed algorithms and software for communications
    networks optimization. Developed a full screen editor (VAX) for
    non DEC terminals.  Wrote screen input and output routines and
    interfaced with COBOL programs for CICS emulation.  Utility
    software to read and translate data from PBX's and switches.

    	Education and Experiences:
    Vivekananda College, Madras, India:  B.S. (Chemistry)
    Indian Institute of Technology, India:  M.S. (Chemistry)
    Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA:  Ph.D. (Chemistry)

    Experienced in several operating systems - Unix (IRIX, Digital Unix,
    Solaris, Linux), DOS, Windows (9X, NT, 2000), VMS, RT-11, OS-9.
    Familiar with several programming languages - Fortran, C, C++,
    VAX assembler. Hardware and network troubleshooting skills.