Re: Any profitable SECURITY-ONLY companies?

From: The Crocodile (tcrocat_private)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 08:15:59 PDT

    My .02$

    If you are trying to focus your career into a specific sub section of
    security then a security related company tends to make that possible.  If
    you are trying to be a jack of all trades and learn everything about
    anything then a non-security company will allow that.  I have done both.  In
    the past I have worked for a software company that had nothing to do with
    security.  I did it all, firewalls, IDS, hardening, vuln-test/pen testing,
    etc. etc.  Now I work for a specific gov agency and I ONLY do incident
    response and forensics.  (Where I wanted to focus).

    The Crocodile