Senior Software Engineer: Resume

From: rsandilaat_private
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 10:28:11 PST

    Hi,

    I'm looking for a position as a Software Engineer developing computer security solutions.

    I have 8 years of C++ experience. Add to that my years of designing, developing and maintaining several security products over a variety of Operating Systems including Windows and Linux. I have developed commercial anti-virus software and an embedded firewall.

    I would prefer to relocate to Florida, USA.

    Attached is my resume. I will be visiting Florida late December and will be available for interviews.

    Thank you,

    Robert Sandilands

    RESUME

    Robert Sandilands
    326 Celliers Avenue
    Centurion, 0157, South Africa.
    +27-83-450-8854
    rsandilaat_private

    JOB OBJECTIVE: Senior Software Engineer

    KEYWORDS
    C, C++, Assembly, Perl, Shell Scripting, Dos, Windows, Linux,
    Novell, Device Drivers, Services, Win32 API, Anti-Virus,
    Security, PKI, Public Key Infrastructure, Cryptography,
    Pattern Recognition, Artificial Intelligence, DriverWorks,
    VtoolsD, SoftICE, SSL, Secure Socket Layer, TCP/IP, Socket
    Programming, Cross-platform software development, Speed
    optimisation of software, Client/Server Development,
    Version Control, Secure Software Development, Mentoring,
    Team Leader, Research.

    SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
    + 8 years as software developer using C, C++ and Assembly.
    + Technical versatility: Security, PKI, Cryptography,
    Anti-Virus and Team Leader.
    + "Robert is the main technical driving force behind the Virus
     Protection System product. He has made a great contribution in
    making VPS into the technically advanced anti-virus software
    product it is." - manager in motivating a merit bonus.

    PROFESIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS
    + Software Development
    - Designed, developed and maintained an embedded Firewall with
    Intrusion Detection, Secure Remote Management and Secure Remote
    Updates in less than six months that is currently undergoing
    ICSA certification. (SecureWorx South Africa (Pty) Ltd.)
    - Implemented VPN functionality for embedded Firewall.
    (SecureWorx South Africa (Pty) Ltd.)
    - Designed, developed and maintained an advanced commercial
    anti-virus software product for a variety of operating systems
    including Dos, Windows 3.x/95/98/NT/ME/2000, Novell and Linux.
    (Council for Scientific and Industrial Research and Virus
    Protection Systems (Pty) Ltd.)
    - Device Driver development for Windows 3.x/95/98/ME/NT/2000.
    (Council for Scientific and Industrial Research and Virus
    Protection Systems (Pty) Ltd.)
    - Domain Expert for Spoornet in "Digital Electronics" and
    "Software Development".
    - Released two open source projects:
    ++ Error Class Converter - http://sourceforge.net/projects/errconv
    ++ Network Traffic Generator - http://sourceforge.net/projects/traffic
    - Star Performer Award for Innovation - 1996. (Council for
    Scientific and Industrial Research)
    - Merit Bonuses - 1996, 1997 and 1998. (Council for Scientific
    and Industrial Research)

    + Research
    - August 1998 - Contributed to a government white paper "The
    Influence of the Internet on the Films and Publications Act".
    (Council for Scientific and Industrial Research)
    - Presented papers at the following conferences:
    ++ "Embedded Linux Development" at LinuxAfrica 2001.
    ++ "Viruses, Why should you be afraid?" at InfoSec, South Africa
    1999.

    + Team Leadership
    - Mentored junior programmers that contributed to software
    development projects I managed.
    - Driving force behind spin-off from the Council for Scientific
    and Industrial Research into Virus Protection Systems (Pty) Ltd.
    - Integral player in gaining Venture Capital for SecureWorx
    South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
    - Star Performer Award for Teamwork - 1996. (Council for
    Scientific and Industrial Research)

    WORK HISTORY
    2001/01 - Present
        Senior Software Engineer, SecureWorx South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
    1999/08 - 2000/12
        Director (Research), Virus Protection Systems (Pty) Ltd.
    1995/07 - 1999/07
        Senior Software Engineer, Council for Scientific and Industrial
    Research
    1992/12 - 1995/06
        Engineer in Training, Spoornet, a division of Transnet

    EDUCATION
    + Bachelor of Engineering, Honours (Electronic Engineering).
    University of Pretoria, South Africa, 1998
    + Bachelor of Engineering (Electronic Engineering), University
    of Pretoria, South Africa, 1992