RE: "Security Expertise In Short Supply", but no gigs to be found

From: Bendit, Diana (Diana.Benditat_private)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 05:49:45 PST

    I agree with you, despite recent unemployment spikes and the fact that the
    contract I'm going to will expire in Oct '02, I just changed jobs because I
    wasn't getting enough hands on tech work at my current gig.  It may just be
    that I'm not so focused on the big bucks as I am on having a good time at
    work, but I feel confident with my exp. & skill sets that I can find a
    position in IT quickly even if I don't land in infosec should the contract
    not be renewed.  Of course I'm lucky to be in the DC area where the feds are
    gearing up security work...;)
    ~D