RE: "Security Expertise In Short Supply", but no gigs to be found

From: Littlejohn, Robert E. (robert.littlejohnat_private)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 12:07:47 PST

    As a Security Professional who is degreed in Human Resources, I understand
    what you are saying. However, in your effective writing courses you should
    have learned that with the multiple definitioned acronyms in the world
    today, we should not use an acronym and ASSUME that it will be understood
    for what it means. Recruiters are not typically reviewing bugtraq, have
    never heard of Defcon unless it was DEFCON while they were in the military,
    and don't visit security web sites or read security magazines online or
    otherwise. I guess what I am saying is that if you really want to get a
    positive response, you need to write your resume so that anyone who reads it
    understands what you are saying.

    Regards
    RL