Security Position in Northern Virginia

From: Lindsay Martin (LMartinat_private)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 06:35:20 PST

    ARTEL, Inc. is currently recruiting for security professionals to join our
    team.  Our corporate headquarters are in Reston, VA. and we have positions
    all over the D.C. Metropolitan Area as well as national and international
    positions.  Currently, we have the following opportunities in the Security
    Field.  To learn more about our organization, please visit our website,
    http://www.artelinc.com.  If you are interested in one of our positions, or
    know of someone who might be, please send your resume with salary
    expectations to recruitat_private  If you do not live in the D.C.
    Metropolitan Area but are open to relocation, please note this in your
    e-mail.  If e-mail is not an option, resumes can be faxed to 703-620-4262.

    Dynamic position on-site in the Springfield-Newington area requiring a
    talented individual with experience in at least two or more of the following
    areas:

    1. Experience and/or knowledge in the application and administration of PKI,
    preferably Entrust a PLUS. One-quarter of their time will be devoted to the
    study and implementation of PKI. The candidate will be directly involved
    with the Certificates and Registration Authority for as many as 25000 users,
    an unknown number of machines and applications. They will represent the
    client at forums and meetings on/about this application.

    2. MVS Security Expert. System-level programmer that must be totally
    familiar with IBM MVS and the OS/390 operating system and understand the
    logical uses and accesses within MVS and CICS along with their supporting
    procedures. The person must possess the ability to test and attempt to
    circumvent existing controls and identify procedural, application and
    security weaknesses which could undermine current controls. The person must
    be available to consult and recommend enhancements where deficiencies exist.
    The person would setup and maintain a quarterly test schedule for the four
    mainframes located at the Client Data Center.

    3. Oracle Security Officer duties. Candidate must be thoroughly familiar
    with Oracle and its database applications, preferably Oracle 8 and 8i. The
    person must be cognizant of the application of Security Controls in a
    role-based atmosphere and be willing to consult and advise the Oracle
    Database Administrators and Implementors on the security controls available
    to them.

    4. UNIX Security Officer duties. The candidate must be familiar with the
    controls and security enhancements available to UNIX platforms, especially
    Sun's Solaris. Background in Unix-based Intrusion Detection Systems a plus.

    The candidate must be a team player, have proven documentation capability
    and be able to communicate effectively. The candidate must also be able to
    obtain a security clearance based on background of personal and financial
    scrutiny. The candidate must have the ability to analyze and test various
    security controls and security enhancements at least on a quarterly basis.
    Essentially, the candidate will monitor the Oracle structure for possible
    vulnerability's associated with the database; audit and monitor UNIX to lock
    in security features aimed at reducing possible risks associated with the
    operating system; audit MVS OS/390, CA TopSecret and the mainframe for
    possible risks/vulnerability's and advise and study PKI/IKE requirements and
    recommendations.  Candidate will be required to obtain a security clearance.

    For more information on ARTEL, Inc. and our career opportunities, please
    visit our website at:  http://www.artelinc.com

    Lindsay Martin
    Corporate Technical Recruiter
    Human Resources Department