RE: Article: 10 Hottest Certifications for 2002

From: Dunn, Darian (Darian_Dunnat_private)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 11:37:01 PST

    I agree with 99% of what Florindo says, but I look at it from a little
    different angle.

    I don't have 20 years of experience in the government like some people on
    this list and others I deal with.  When I went after my CISSP it expanded my
    knowledge in fields that I have not had an interest and will not get to
    explore with my current job.  I continue to explore those areas.

    The end destination of CISSP is nice, but the journey will help many.

    After you reach the destination, a CISSP cert. is like a BS (Bachelors of
    Science) degree.  It doesn't mean anything until you want a job that
    requires a BS or a CISSP.

    To those with more experience than I:
    What Cert. in security is better than CISSP?

    "Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"

    Darian Dunn, CISSP
    Senior Security Engineer