Article: 10 Hottest Certifications for 2002

From: Meritt James (meritt_jamesat_private)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 08:32:47 PST

    Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
    Vendor: ISC2
    Category: Security
    Reader Interest Score (out of 20): 7
    Buzz Score (out of 10): 9
    Total: 16

    Sure, there are plenty of great security certifications out there. But
    when it comes to reputation, the CISSP leads the pack, and for good
    reason -- it's far and away the most difficult to achieve. First,
    candidates must provide documentation that they have three years of
    hands-on experience in a particular security specialty. Only then are
    they given the opportunity to battle the title's monster of an exam (six
    hours to tackle 250 questions covering a broad range of material-study
    groups, here you come).

    So even though not many of you said you're planning to get this
    certification next year (thus the low reader interest score of 7 out of
    20), it still made into our top 10 based on its buzz (a 9 out of 10 -
    the highest score we gave to any certification on this list). Security
    is sizzling and will be even hotter in 2002, and certs that are tough to
    get are always in demand. All of our experts agreed: For those of you
    who meet this title's requirements, it's impossible to go wrong with the
    CISSP."

    Full article at
    http://www.certcities.com/editorial/features/story.asp?EditorialsID=37