Recruiter Experiences

From: Mark Villanova (mvillanovaat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 09:19:49 PST

    We always post our recruiter horror stories so I thought I'd post a good
    story for once.  I was looking to move from California to Texas after the
    last layoff and I put my resume out on computerjobs.com.  I got a few leads
    but most companies are shy about relocations right now.  Then I get a call
    from this recruiter, and we all know how annoyed we are with recruiters
    lately.  But this guy lines up an interview right away and follows up with
    me throughout the interview process.  He called me with suggestions for the
    interview, suggestions for my move once I got the job (suggested the
    apartment that I now live in), and stopped by on my first day to see what I
    thought.  Its been a month now and he still calls to check up on me and
    today he is taking me to lunch.  Anyone looking for work in the Dallas/Fort
    Worth area do yourself a favor and call this guy or just shoot him a resume.
    I'm sure glad he found mine.

    Larry Bergstrom
    Computer Staff
    (817) 329-5009