Re: Article: 10 Hottest Certifications for 2002

From: H C (keydet89at_private)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 15:06:30 PST

    > What are the continuing fees

    For me, it's been $85/yr.  And to be honest, I haven't
    gotten a thing from it.  I gave up trying to get
    anywhere w/ the certifying organization about a month
    after I passed the exam...I couldn't get anyone to
    input my info into the database correctly.  Someone
    who submitted his info a week after I did got his info
    in w/in two days, all correct.

    > and I would like more
    > info on their continuing
    > education requirements.

    If you've been to http://www.isc2.org and can't figure
    out the CPE requirements, something must wrong w/ the
    site.

    I found this:

    http://www.isc2.org/cgi/content.cgi?category=24

    Maybe this isn't clear enough.

    > Specifically, what qualifies as continuing ed?

    I don't know, but some of the stuff on the site seems
    pretty clear to me.

    > I have called their 800# but nobody answered, and I
    > emailed them twice with
    > no replies (over a month ago)
    >
    > maybe it's on their site somewhere but I can't find
    > it.

    The link above was pretty easy...I went to their site
    an clicked on a link that said "CPE"...total effort,
    site + 1 click.