Looking for a security-related job in the DC Metro area

From: Zaid Dwaikat (zaidooat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 13:45:04 PST

    Dear All,
    I have extensive systems development experience
    and deep knowledge of several security topics. I am
    looking for a position in information/network security
    in the DC Metro area. Below is my resume. Please
    email me at zaidooat_private with any questions.

    Zaid

    ZAID DWAIKAT
    21075 Bitterroot Terrace, Ashburn, VA 20147
    zaidooat_private  (703) 723-6838

    SUMMARY
    Experienced software and systems developer with
    9+ years in delivering business applications that
    enabled clients to provide better service while
    decreasing costs. Deep knowledge of computer and
    Internet security systems, technologies and
    standards. Able to prioritize tasks and manage
    several complex projects at the same time. Fluent in
    Arabic and English and is a permanent resident of the
    US.

    EXPERIENCE

    Senior Developer/Consultant, Watson Wyatt
    Worldwide, Washington DC (previously at Talisman
    Technologies acquired by Watson Wyatt in 11/2000),

    		8/1997 - Present
    · Developed complex web-based and IVR systems
    for human resources and payroll applications,
    benefits enrollment, employee and manager self-
    service, and call center systems. Representative
    clients include Duke University, Novartis, Cendant,
    Newcourt (AKA Tyco Corp.), Verizon, TXU, FPL and
    FedEx
    · Provided technical consulting in systems design
    and integration, technology infrastructure, network
    architecture, database design, requirements analysis
    and application design
    · Contributed to the formulation of XML standards as
    a member of the HR XML Consortium
    · Evaluated and restructured the corporate web site
    · Managed a Windows NT network and provided
    technical support to users

    Systems Analyst, Science Applications International
    Corporation (SAIC), McLean VA
    	5/1997-8/1997
    · Participated in the design of a C3I (Command,
    Control, Communication and Intelligence) system
    primarily using Arabic language knowledge to guide
    design decisions

    Systems Engineer/Programmer, (held Secret
    clearance) Ministry of Defense, Amman, Jordan
    	7/1992 - 7/1996
    · Led the IS department’s Systems Engineering
    Section and supervised defense-related software
    development projects
    · Participated in the design and development of a
    Mobile Command Center
    · Developed a Multi-Media Computer Based Training
    (CBT) Course. The product resulted in cost savings
    of over 25% of the assigned budget

    TECHNICAL SKILLS

    · Proficient in Information Security, Internet Security,
    XML Security, Database Security, Java, C,
    JavaScript, HTML, XML, OOD, Edify and Workscape
    · Experienced in Visual Basic, ASP, Microsoft SQL
    Server, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Microsoft .Net
    Framework and C#
    · Working knowledge of IDEF0, CORE, Oracle, DB2,
    PeopleSoft, Lawson, ADP Payroll, TesserAct, and
    Solaris

    EDUCATION

    Currently pursuing a doctorate in Information Security
    at George Mason University (60 % done)

    Certificate in Information Systems Security,
    MS in Systems Engineering, George Mason
    University, Fairfax, VA

    B.Sc. in Computer Science, University, Karak, Jordan

    References available upon request